Real good, Real healthy Rice Dressing
We love this recipe because the flavors really stand up against each other and the brown JAZZMEN rice holds its texture and allows the dish to not be mushy.
PS: you can scoop cold dressing into patties and fry along eggs for breakfast to really wow guests.
- 2 1/2 cup water
-1 pound lean ground pork or beef
-2 cups Jazzmen's brown rice
-2 cups low sodium broth/stock
-2 cups onion, finely chopped
-1 cup celery, finely chopped
-1 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
-2 oz hogs head cheese or pork pate
-1 tbsp minced garlic
-1 tbsp creole seasoning
-1 tbsp oil
-1 tsp hot sauce
1. Pour 1 tbsp of oil into a large pot over medium heat.
2. Season ground pork and ground beef with creole seasoning and hot sauce. Mix well and stir occasionally until brown.
3. Then add in all chopped vegetables (garlic, celery, bell pepper, onion). Let vegetables cook down for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add in the hogs head cheese or pate. You may be tempted to skip this step, but trust us. add a ton of flavor and body.
5. Stir well. After 2 minutes, add broth and water. Cover and let boil for 5 minutes.
6. Add in your rice. Stir evenly and cover. Simmer at a lower heat for 15 minutes. Do not stir it while it simmers, but make sure that it doesn't run out of water and burn.
7. After 15 minutes, check the rice to make sure it is cooked. You can give it a few more minutes if you need. If the rice is done, turn off the stove and let it sit for 5 minutes, uncovered to allow the steam to escape. Gently fluff before serving.