Jazzmen Rice Spam Musubi
Here's a quick and fun dish for lunch or snack.
2 cups of cooked Jazzmen white rice
1 can of Spam
1 tablespoon of General Tso Sauce
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup water
1 sheet of nori
1. Cook Jazzmen white rice per instructions on packaging.
2. Slice spam into 8 slices.
3. Combine General Tso sauce, soy sauce, and water. Set aside.
4. Heat nonstick pan over medium heat, then add Spam slices and cook until brown and crisp (3-4 minutes). Flip spam then cook other side until brown and crisp.
5. Sprinkle sugar on Spam slices. Add brown sauce mixture and gently swirl to distribute evenly. Allow Spam to simmer until liquid is absorbed. Flip spam once in between process to melt and caramelize sugar.
6. Move spam to cool.
7. Cut nori sheet into 2 inch sheets. Place spam perpendicular to nori strip.
8. Wet the palms and fingers of both hands, measure 1/2 cup of rice (can be less based on personal preference) and firmly press cooked rice into a ball.
9. Flatten rice carefully and place on top of spam.
10. Roll the spam and rice within nori sheet.